Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!



While I'm waiting for the results of my research to post on other topics, I decided to share with you a great recipe I've had for decades.

When I moved recently, I decided to participate in a community event - a contest and bake sale for our local community association. I dug out this old recipe which I was sure would be a winner. Alas, the chocolate-mint cookies baked by someone else won the cookie category, but I came in a strong second (drat!!!).

Try baking these delicious cookies and tell me if you think they shouldn't have won the contest!

Crescent Court Chocolate Chunk Cookies
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 sticks butter (make sure it's the real thing, don't use margarine!)
3 tbsp. shortening (I use Crisco butter flavor shortening)
1 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup milk (whole or 2%)
2 cups pecan pieces
8 oz. white chocolate chunks (or chips if you can't find a bar to cut up)
8 oz. milk chocolate chunks (again, regular chips or large chips work, too)
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Cream together sugars, butter, shortening, and salt. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each one. Combine flour and soda in separate bowl. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the creamed mixture, mixing in by hand just until it starts to come together. Combine pecan pieces, chocolate chunks and chips. Fold into creamed mixture. Using a large spoon, drop on a greased cookies sheet, press down slightly (you may want to refrigerate the dough for a while to make this easier). Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes (depending on your oven; I find it only takes about 10 minutes with my current oven so watch them carefully for over-browning).
Makes 35 two-ounce cookies (they're big!).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment