Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Where Does All the Time Go?

Although I always manage to get everything done that I need to do, or have committed to doing, effective time management is becoming harder and harder. Is this just a part of getting older, i.e. I have less energy? Maybe. Is it just that I spread myself too thin between freelance work, a steady client, reviewing books, editing, and writing novels? Could be.

As the new year began, I vowed that I would do several things different. Number one is that I would take more time to keep my name out there on the internet via actively posting on loops. Along with that, I vowed to spend more time with my fellow authors at the Champagne Author’s Yahoo group and do my best to give help where it is needed. Thirdly, I want to allow myself some specific periods of time to just do some writing for me (not work-related freelance stuff). And lastly, I promised myself I would take at least one day per week when I will not turn on my computer. This last one is more important. Most of the time I feel like my laptop is an extra appendage, impossible to lop off and impossible to ignore.

How am I doing so far, you might wonder? Um, well…the year is only a month old, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment