Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 18, 2011: Mojo Pork Recipe

Bookmark and Share

I love summertime grilling but the problem is that I get bored with the same old hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks, pork chops and chicken. The way I change things up is to vary the marinating sauce. This recipe is based on one I found in the Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Grilling.

I tried it on my husband and my niece and the unanimous verdict was… Delicious! I think it’s got just the right level of spice and tang with a memorable flavor.

Mojo Pork

1 lb. pork tenderloin
2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, rinsed
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup onion, coarsely chopped
1 t. dried oregano
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. honey
1 T. cooking oil
2 cloves garlic

Combine all ingredients (chipotle peppers through garlic) in blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Pour half over the pork tenderloin in a zip-top bag and marinate for a minimum of one hour. Refrigerate remaining sauce.

Grill over medium heat, not directly over heat source. Cook for 30 – 45 minutes, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Cook until the meat is still pink inside; do not overcook! Remove from heat and let rest, tenting with foil, for about 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment