Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

June 4, 2011: Potato Crusted Cod Fillets Recipe

Bookmark and Share

I enjoy making fish for dinner one or two nights a week and I particularly like cod. Unfortunately, my husband prefers his cod breaded and fried. Since I’m struggling with weight and health issues for both of us, I needed to find a recipe that could be a nice compromise between our preferences.

The recipe I’m sharing with you is based on one I found at the Food Network website, from Guy Fieri. As usual, I’ve made a few minor changes. Here’s my version of Guy’s Crispy Potato Nugget Hoisin Halibut.

Potato Crusted Cod Fillets

Marinade:
4 cod fillets
1 T. minced ginger
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine vinegar

Combine all marinade ingredients; add cod and let marinate for half an hour.

Potato Crust:
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup Asian fish sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
2 T. rice wine vinegar
½ t. sesame oil
4 frozen hash brown patties, thawed
1 cup panko bread crumbs

Combine all ingredients.

To assemble:
Remove fish from marinade, shake off excess. Dredge in flour.

Apply one quarter of the potato crust mixture to one side of each fish fillet. Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium heat in a sauté pan. Carefully place the fish fillets, two at a time, potato crust side down, in the heated pan. Cook until potato crust is lightly brown and crispy, several minutes. Carefully turn the fillets over and cook for two minutes on the other side. Keep warm in oven while cooking the remaining two fillets.

Just before serving, sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds (if desired).

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment