Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10, 2011: Garlic Basil Pork Tenderloin Recipe


Bookmark and Share
I didn’t realize it until yesterday but this month marks the halfway point in my year-long recipe blog experiment. The reason it finally dawned on me was due to the fact that, while taking a photo of the beautifully barbecued pork loin I had prepared for dinner, my husband commented, “I’ll sure be glad when this year is over and you’re not experimenting anymore with recipes.”

Naturally I was shocked and accused of him not being open to trying new foods. He admitted that he’d rather have the same old basic stuff he’s used to each and every night. Humph!

Does this mean that I’m going to quit trying new recipes? Of course not! He’s just going to have to deal!

So… on to today’s recipe. It’s adapted from one I found in my August Relish magazine. I thought it turned out quite good and much as my husband wouldn’t want to admit it, he liked it, too!

Garlic Basil Pork Tenderloin

1 one pound pork tenderloin
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 T. olive oil
¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Make small slits in the top of the tenderloin and insert slices of garlic. Rub with olive oil all over. Press basil into the oil on top of the meat and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
The oiled and garlic-infused pork tenderloin covered in chopped fresh basil ready to go on the grill.

Grill over indirect medium-high heat (400 degrees) for about 40 minutes. Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes with a tent of aluminum foil before slicing.

Serves 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment