Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

August 13, 2011: Kansas City Sirloin Steaks Recipe


Bookmark and Share
When I first saw the ingredients in this recipe, adapted from the Better Homes and Gardens Biggest Book of Grilling, I thought they were somewhat unusual and I was worried if my husband would like it. But after grilling these steaks, I have to say this is a winning combination! In fact, my husband loved it so much he said I should bottle this stuff and sell it! He even requested that we have it on hand every time we eat steak. Guess that means he liked it!

Kansas City Sirloin Steaks

1 T. prepared horseradish
1 T. lemon juice
1 t. minced garlic
2 t. sugar
2 t. paprika
1 t. ground black pepper
1 seasoning packet from a package of beef-flavored ramen noodles (save the noodles to use in an Asian salad)
2 thick, 8-ounce sirloin steaks (although there’s enough sauce to marinate at least, perhaps 4 steaks)

Combine all ingredients except steak. Rub mixture on steaks and marinate in the refrigerator for two hours minimum. Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.

Preheat grill to medium. Cook for about 20 minutes total, flipping once, for medium doneness.

Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment