Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13, 2011: Chicken Tenders Salad Recipe

Bookmark and Share
Back when I lived in the city, I used to love going to Applebee’s for lunch. They had a fried chicken salad on the menu that was my favorite. Now that I no longer live in a city with an Applebee’s restaurant and no longer work in corporate America, I’ve come up with my own version of that salad. This is great as a lunch dish or even a main dish salad for dinner. And it's the perfect way to use up any leftovers from my cornflake crusted chicken tenders recipe.

Chicken Tenders Salad

4 cups mixed baby greens
1 tomato, cut into chunks
2 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered

Divide all ingredients between two large bowls. Top with Honey Mustard salad dressing and fresh sourdough croutons and cracked black pepper, if desired.

Honey Mustard Salad Dressing

¼ cup prepared yellow mustard
¼ cup Dijon mustard
½ cup honey
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 T. olive oil
1 t. finely minced garlic

Combine all ingredients in a jar. Shake well to mix.

Serves 2 as a main dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment