Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011: Slim Stir Fry Chicken Recipe

Bookmark and Share
I am not satisfied with my current self. I’ve been walking and working out every weekday now for months and yet I haven’t lost any weight. Well… that means only one thing – I need to eat less/better. Yes, unfortunately, I’m going to have to *gasp* watch what I eat.

As someone who absolutely foods and everything to do with food, this is really difficult. I know I can take the same dishes I love and turn them into lighter, lower calorie versions, but sometimes you just can’t substitute real butter or cream or cheddar cheese. It’s going to take quite an adjustment.

As one of my first forays into a lower fat meal that is still full of flavor, I made this stir fry chicken dish the other night.
Slim Stir Fry Chicken and Snow Peas served with Ramen Noodle Cabbage Salad

Slim Stir Fry Chicken and Snow Peas

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup low fat Oriental dressing/marinade (I used Soy Vey Hoisin Garlic)
2 drops sesame oil
1 T. soy sauce
2 t. vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces snow peas
1 T. cornstarch mixed with 1/3 cup water

If using frozen chicken breasts, cut it before it’s completely thawed. Remove any visible fat from chicken and slice into thin strips. Place strips in a Ziploc bag; add dressing/marinade, sesame oil and soy sauce. Marinade meat in the refrigerator for at least one hour.

Heat a wok or large skillet to medium high. Add oil. Add garlic and snow peas. Cook for about one minute, until vegetables are just beginning to soften. Stir frequently to prevent burning.

Add meat with marinade. Stir fry about five minutes. Add water and cover, cooking for another couple minutes until chicken is no longer pink and sauce is thickened. Serve over brown rice cooked in nonfat chicken broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment