Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January 18, 2012: Healthy Meatloaf Recipe

Bookmark and Share
Here’s another of my favorite meals that I’ve slimmed down for the calorie conscious diner (me!). Although my husband groaned with he saw me using ground turkey, he enjoyed the finished product. If you want fewer calories, omit the ground beef (I added it so this meatloaf would taste more like the traditional recipe I usually prepare).


Healthy Meatloaf

1 slice whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces
1 T. dehydrated onions
1 T. dried parsley
2 T. fat free half and half
2 T. beef broth
1 egg
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup ketchup
1 chile in adobo sauce, minced
1 t. each: oregano, sage, garlic salt
½ t. freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. 4 ounces ground turkey
12 ounces 80% lean ground beef

Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine bread pieces, onions and parsley. Stir in half and half and beef broth; let sit for five minutes. Add egg, Worcestershire, ketchup, chile and seasonings; mix well. Add in ground meat and mix with your hands. Pat mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes, or until completely cooked through the middle.

Serves 6 (per serving: 615 calories, 30 grams fat, 882 sodium)

No comments:

Post a Comment