Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

A River Runs Through It














Although the calendar says it is still winter, the temperatures are indicating an early start to spring. With the weather being so beautiful this past weekend, I decided to go on a hike and check out the Indian ruins again in the forest land behind my house. Imagine my surprise when I found a river running through it!

Since we moved up here to the White Mountains in June of last year, I’ve spent some time toodling up around on the mountain and below the rim which is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from my house. But I’ve never seen water, outside of rain water that accumulates in the wash.

Apparently the runoff from the mountains is already melting and it has formed a nicely moving river that is pretty wide in spots. The dogs loved it! Even Colby Jack, who has never been much of a water dog, had a great time. When he and Yogi were done frolicking in the water, they came back up on shore and shook off in the snow.

It’s nice to have discovered just one more thing that I absolutely adore about the place that I live!

No comments:

Post a Comment