Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Playing a Hunch

I got lucky the other day. Actually, I've been lucky a lot lately. I have to thank God for that. He's been listening to my prayers, I can tell.

I went to a local bar to watch the Kentucky Derby with my husband. I bought one of those thick newspapers with all the information on the race, the horses, and the jockeys. I took a quick glance at it, saw Mine That Bird, and decided he was a good one to bet on. Later, I figured that a better horse for my money was Pioneer of the Nile.

I ended up betting on seven different horses that day. But I stuck to my guns and placed a $2 bet on Mine That Bird. Of course, the rest is history. Later I learned the horse was from New Mexico. Maybe that was my lucky charm. I won $103 on a $2 bet. Not too shabby.

If only I'd trusted my first instincts and put all my money on Mine That Bird, I'd be laughing all the way to the bank right now.

I watched a story on the news this morning regarding the number of people who are getting ripped off by work-at-home scams. As the reporter stated, "the old saying 'if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is' applies".

So many people who are down on their luck are grasping at straws and forgetting to trust their instincts. When that little voice in your head starts talking, it's time to sit down and listen (or write a book, LOL!). Those instincts can save you a lot of heartache, or they can change your luck. It happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment