Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 15, 2011: Recipe for a Quick Spring Decorating Change

Bookmark and Share

I’ve mentioned before that I like to take the opportunity, while spring cleaning, to change out the old, heavy, dark fabrics and furnishings for newer, lighter, more spring-like décor. It’s not just a onetime venture, though. I like to add little seasonal touches in my house as I can.

A week ago was Mother’s Day, of course. Our church handed out carnations to all the mother’s in the congregation. Since I picked up the flowers and arranged them, I ended up with a few heads that broke off their stems. Rather than toss them, I placed them in a small bowl with water and put the dish in the guest bathroom, where they are still brightening up the space, as you can see on the left side of the photo.

Another thing that I like to do is change out my pictures. I actually won the picture frame on the right – while we were at the hospital when my grandson Kaden was being born, we just happened to be in the right place at the right time (in the cafeteria eating lunch) when they held a raffle. I won a gift certificate from the gift shop and picked out this frame.

It just so happens to be the perfect size to fit pictures from a calendar my friend Kathy brought back from a trip to Alaska. The scenes are so beautiful I saved them and use them to switch out the picture in this frame to fit the seasons. This one is my spring scene.

See how easy it is to spend $0 and add a seasonal touch to your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment