Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

May 20, 2011: Guest Post Bachelor Chili Recipe

Bookmark and Share

Today I welcome fellow writer, cook, and guest poster, AJ Best. She shares with us a recipe she calls Bachelor Chili. Take it away AJ!

I, for the most part, am lazy. If there is a cheap or easier way to do something, I’m going to do it. This is especially true when it comes to cooking. I love to cook, and eat, but I don’t want to spend an eternity doing it.

I developed this chili with myself in mind, and when telling people about it realized that it was so easy even a man could do it. You have to understand my dealings with male cooks, never good. My first husband burned Jello.

So I say:

If you can brown meat, open a can, and a jar, you too can make chili.

A guy could cook this for a date and really impress her. Here we go!

1 pound ground meat (go crazy with this beef, venison, chicken, turkey, bison, etc.)
2 12oz cans of kidney beans (white, red, or dark red) DO NOT DRAIN
1 16 oz jar of salsa (you decide heat level, mild, medium, hot)
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes

In a stock pot at medium high heat, brown your meat of choice until it is brown throughout. Drain off excess fat, return to pot. Reduce heat to simmer. Add full UN-DRAINED cans of kidney beans, and tomatoes, stir. Add jar of salsa to pot to complete meal.

This can be eaten as soon as it is warmed through, or you can let it simmer for a couple of hours to allow it to soak the flavor into the beans more. Add cheese or sour cream to taste.

See, even a bachelor could cook this. Do you have an easy recipe you would like to share with me?


AJ Best
www.ajbestwrites.com
ajbestwrites@gmail.com
A touch of real life in every story.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me Candy - I'll come back here any time.

    ReplyDelete