Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, 2011: Banana Split Muffin Recipe

Bookmark and Share

Sometimes the best recipes I come up with are ones that are forced on me – I look around at the fresh ingredients I need to use up and come up with something. That’s the way it happened with this recipe; I had one really ripe banana, a few Ghirardelli chocolates left over from Valentine’s Day, and a handful of craisins. The result is this muffin recipe, which my women’s group sisters just loved! See what you think.

Banana Split Muffins

2 T. butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup milk
1 cup flour
1 t. baking powder
1 medium-sized ripe banana, mashed
4 squares chocolate candy, broken into small pieces (1/3 cup)
1/3 cup cherry flavored craisins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add milk and stir just until combined. Stir together flour and baking powder; mix into butter mixture. Add remaining ingredients, stirring just until combined. Divide the mixture evenly amongst the six muffin cups. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.

1 comment: