Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

May 7, 2011: Wine Burger Recipe

Bookmark and Share

There’s a neat restaurant/bar up here in the White Mountain that calls itself famous for its wine burger. I’ve had it before, and it really is good – but not something I’d go out of my way to get.

Because my husband’s favorite meal is hamburgers but he doesn’t enjoy experimenting with the recipe – he’s all for plain burgers with McCormick steak seasoning and that’s it – I decided that from now on, I’d doctor up my burger a bit. I started with this concoction, based on what I tasted in the wine burger from The Lion’s Den in Pinetop.

Tip: Since Memorial Day is the official start of grilling season, this recipe is one to keep in mind for the holiday weekend.

Wine Burger Recipe

1 pound lean (93%) ground beef
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup dry red wine
1 T. minced dried onions
2 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
Coarsely ground black pepper
Salt, to taste
Sharp cheddar cheese
Condiments of your choice

Mix together all ingredients except the cheese and condiments. Form into patties and let rest for half an hour.

Grill over medium-high heat until done to your liking, topping with a thick slice of cheddar cheese and condiments of your choice (I like French fried onions, ketchup with a splash of fish sauce, and fresh lettuce, as shown in the photo here).

No comments:

Post a Comment