Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8, 2011: Mother's Day Recipe for Happiness

Bookmark and Share

Happy Mother's Day!

I just realized that I slacked off a bit this weekend, but I had a really good reason - my son, daughter-in-law, and grandson came up for a surprise visit to honor me for Mother's Day.

I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate. I am so blessed with a wonderful, caring family; I am in awe of the blessings that make my life so incredible and thankful to our Heavenly Father for them.

Not only did my son and his family surprise me with a visit, they brought along a gift for my birthday/Mother's Day. When I opened the package, my jaw dropped open - it was a Kindle! I've only been wanting an eBook reader for about 5 years now... my son was thoughtful enough to open it up and figure out how it works before giving it to me; he also loaded about 1,000 books on it. I can't wait to start exploring it further and read one of those books. The only one he forgot to include (and the most important one)? The Holy Bible. That will be my first download, using the $25 Amazon gift certificate he also gave me to buy more books!

Since I wasn't expecting the kids yesterday, I had to scramble to come up with something for dinner. Here's an abbreviated description of what I served:

Rotisserie Chicken (I brined a whole chicken and then my husband put it on the grill rotisserie)
Roasted cauliflower with cheese sauce (I took the easy way out and made the sauce out of Velveeta)
Roasted red potatoes with ranch dressing seasoning
Bolillos (these were leftover from our Sonoran hot dogs we'd had a couple days earlier; find the bolillo recipe here)

So, when it comes to living the good life, the recipe I have to share is:
Love + God + Family = Joy

Treasure the ones you have in your life. And remember to honor your mother. I lost mine 34 years ago. Although I was sad for my loss, I was also at peace because I knew she felt my love and she went home to be with our Heavenly Father to experience joy eternally. That's what I wish for everyone. God bless you and Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment