Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20, 2011: Crumb Topped Roasted Asparagus Recipe

Bookmark and Share

Personally, I love asparagus. But my niece… not so much. I was trying to come up with a recipe I thought she might like and sure enough, I actually got her to try this dish! Don’t get me wrong, asparagus will probably never be her fave veggie, but she did say it was the best version of asparagus she’d ever had and that’s a definite step forward!

Crumb Topped Roasted Asparagus

1 bunch thick asparagus (about 1 pound)
1 T. softened butter
1 T. mayonnaise
1 T. Dijon mustard
1 t. lemon juice
½ cup crushed cornflakes

Trim and peel tough ends of asparagus. Blanch in boiling water for a couple minutes; remove from hot water with a slotted spoon and rinse with cold water.

Combine butter, mayo, mustard and lemon juice. Grease an 8 x 8” square pan and lay asparagus in a single layer in the bottom. Brush the tops with the butter mixture and sprinkled cornflakes over the top. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until crumbs are crispy and asparagus is still a bit crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment