Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011: Quick Chile Con Queso Recipe

Bookmark and Share
I don’t know if you’ve figured it out yet but I hate to waste food. Recently I took several bags of assorted chips to a church function and ended up with a little bit leftover in each. I’m not a plain chip gal so I made this easy chile con queso to use as a dip with the tortilla chips.

What did I do with the rest of the chips? I used the potato chips as the topping on a tuna casserole and the corn chips as the basis for Frito Chili Pie using a jar of my homemade chili and some shredded cheese. Voila! No wasted food!

Chile Con Queso

4 ounces Velveeta, cubed
1 small roasted green chile, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno, minced (don't discard the seeds unless you want a milder dip)
1 T. minced onion (dried or fresh)
1 t. minced garlic (jarred is fine)
½ t. cilantro (dried or fresh)
2 cherry tomatoes, chopped (optional)
2 T. milk

Combine all ingredients in a microwaveable bowl. Heat for 1 – 2 minutes, until cheese is thoroughly melted. Mix well before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment