Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 14, 2012: Low Fat Asian Linguine With Vegetables Recipe

Bookmark and Share
I know I’ve shared other recipes for Asian style pasta but with this one I took care to make it as low calorie as possible and I believe I succeeded nicely. The portion sizes aren’t big, but pasta is filling and it doesn’t take a large quantity to serve this as a side dish.

Note: The Oriental salad dressing I used was left over from the Oriental Chicken Salad recipe I prepared on January 5th.
Low Fat Asian Linguine served with Asian Pork Tenderloin and Slow Cooker Sesame Green Beans

Low Fat Asian Linguine With Vegetables

2 ounces whole wheat linguine
1/4 cup chopped broccoli
1 t. sesame oil
1/4 cup Red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 Green onion, cut on the bias
2 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade

Cook linguine in boiling water as directed on package with broccoli; drain and set aside. In the same pot, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the pepper and white parts of the onion (reserve the green parts) and stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes, until veggies start to soften. Mix in reserved linguine and broccoli and add salad dressing. To serve, top with slices of reserved green onion and basil leaves.

Serves 2 with about 90 calories each serving

No comments:

Post a Comment