Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22, 2011: Honey Mustard Pork Chops Recipe

Bookmark and Share

As you know, I love the challenge of looking through my pantry and fridge and coming up with a satisfying, delicious dinner. Since my husband and I have been on a salad kick lately, I wanted something a bit more substantial (plus the weather’s turned cool again, making me crave a hot dish).

For this dinner, I took a couple apples that were on their last legs and turned them into a quick applesauce. I marinated the pork chops in the sauce and while they were baking, tossed together packaged pierogis with caramelized onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Voila! Dinner was served and it was more than satisfactory.
Honey Mustard pork chop served with sauteed pierogis and homemade applesauce

Honey Mustard Pork Chops

1 pound pork chops, ½” thick
¼ cup Dijon mustard
¼ cup light mayonnaise
1 t. honey
½ cup cornflakes, crushed
½ cup dried French fried onions, crushed

Mix together the mustard, mayo, and honey. Coat the pork chops completely with the mustard mixture and refrigerate for several hours.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking pan or cookie sheet large enough to accommodate the pork chops in a single layer. Combine the crushed cornflakes and onions and sprinkle this mixture over the top of the pork chops. Bake for 35 minutes, or until just done (slightly pink) in the middle.

2 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous! Can't wait to try this recipe. Great share, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like it, Emma! Let me know what you think when you try it out.

    ReplyDelete