Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 10, 2011: Easy Ramen Alfredo Recipe


Bookmark and Share
Today we laid our dear, sweet, thoughtful, kind Christian sister, Ruthalie Heffner, to rest. She is now at peace in Heaven with the Lord. I miss this dear lady a lot! Although she was 96 years old, she was sharp as a tack and had a memory much better than my own. I'm just thankful she didn't have to suffer; after waiting for all of her family to arrive, she went home with Jesus the night of September 4th. RIP Ruthalie.

I ended up making my husband’s favorite Kansas City sirloin steak marinade recipe again just to make him happy (since he thinks I experiment in the kitchen far too often) and found myself with another stray package of plain ramen noodles. I did a bit of sleuthing online and was absolutely astonished to find literally hundreds of recipes that use ramen noodles. I never thought about it before, but they can really be used just like any other type of pasta.
Kansas City sirloin steaks, mushrooms in garlic and shallot vinaigrette and cheesy ramen noodles.

Since I had half a jar of leftover prepared Alfredo sauce in my fridge, I just boiled the noodles for about 5 minutes, drained them, and added the sauce. You could also add Velveeta for a quick and easy mac and cheese recipe or toss them with spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese.

So there you have it – one of the quickest, easiest side dishes I’ve ever shared with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment